Sunday, November 24, 2013

Have you noticed the bird .........

at the top and bottom of every blog post?

That's because for the past 13 years by nickname has been "Bird"

Now some of you may think that it's a bit of a put down, but is has always been a term of endearment.

So when looking for a theme for my new blog the bird came to mind.

Not to mention that whenever I think of Birds I remember the
"They Might Be Giants" 1989 Hit - Birdhouse in your soul ...........

Here's some of the lyrics .....

Im your only friend
Im not your only friend
But Im a little glowing friend
But really Im not actually your friend
But I am

Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul
Not to put too fine a point on it
Say Im the only bee in your bonnet
Make a little birdhouse in your soul

The song is actually sung as tho the lightbulb is the friend and is watching over the person........

But I just love the lyrics .........

So they inspired me to make some gorgeous birdhouses for my bird.


I have stamped and punched out the birds using the Polka Dot Pieces stamp set and the Bird Builder Punch.  On some of them I have simply coloured the stamp with Stampin Markers to give the multi coloured effect, some I have used our marvellous Metallic Encore Ink pads.  


The houses themselves have used various papers and themes.  One is in the Winter Frost Designer Paper,  one in the Seasons of Style Papers.  
Whilst the green one has been stamped with the wood effect in the Truly Grateful Stamp Set.  The roof has been embossed using the wood effect embossing folder.

All the gorgeous bows and ribbons are from Stampin Up as well.

I just adore these and have a feeling that my usual christmas tree decorations could be staying put and I could be having a bird house theme tree.

They also make fantastic treat boxes as the roof opens.

They were made using the fantastic Big Shot machine.

Everyone at the last workshop loved them.

If you would like to make these or anything similar at a workshop in your home, then please get in touch.


Don't forget everything used is available to order through my online shop.

Have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x