Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Life is like a garden ...................

I decided today that I needed to experiment with the TH distress inks and grunge paper that I recently bought.  I also wanted to use some of the fab papers from TH that I have in my stash...........  as well as the fab new collection of stamps from PaperArtsy.

This is the result ....... what do you think ??????????

Inside my card



The front of my card

A close up of the front

I did not use any backing papers behind the central panel, instead I distressed the paper with Distress Inks and then stamped a complimenting image all over in distress and momento inks.

The central panel was distressed around the edges and stamped with Momento ink.

The back and inside of the card was also distressed and another central panel added with a verse.

I made my flower from TH Grunge paper, using the Sizzex tattered florals dies, and then coloured with distress inks..  ......  (NOT A SINGLE PROMARKER IN SIGHT !!!!)  lol

I added a small stick pin for some bling.

I am entering this card into the following challenges

Just Inspirational Challenges No 1

Create me pink - No 3 - Flower 
Craft Your Passion - No 83 anything goes + Brown
kaboodle doodles blog challenge - No 92 colours of fall
my partner in crafting crime - challenge 35 - use a freebie or something recycled from your home -
           (I used the pin and some of my beads to make the stick pin decoration)
Cupcake Inspirations - No 135 

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card as much as I enjoyed making it.





12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Inspirational.

    Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Lisa...

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! Thanks for taking the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I love this - wonderful use of the colours & stamps in the background and brilliant sentiments. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning lisa.i love your gorgeous colours and fab image and design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing colors and details wow this is beautiful...thanks for joining us at cupcake inspirations challenge this week

    Tina
    dt sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lOVE this Lisa. Love, love, love it. Its perfect. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Thank you for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges and Good Luck!!

    ~Jenn~

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job with the distress inks! This is such a lovely project!

    Thanks for joining us in our FLOWER Challenege!

    http://www.facebook.com/CreateMePink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful!:) very romatnic:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card- such fun getting inky and experimenting with something new isn't it and the grunge paper flower looks fab!! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at My partner in Crafting Crime this time!! :)
    hugs, Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x