Saturday, November 12, 2011

And now for something completely ..........

different for me.   A few weeks ago I met up with loads of the other DC members and we had a fun day.  It was great and we made Christmas mini albums.  Well I have now finished mine and here it is......

This is the front cover

The first two pages

Then the next two

and finally the last two.

The back page is the same as the front.  We were not allowed to use any Dies or machines to cut out all the houses etc.  Each card lifts out and has three photo mats.  All the papers used were from my stash and the snowflake tops were cut by Angie.  




Previously to that I had been on a course at my local Garden Centre, Monkton Elm, and done a one day starter course on Memory Books.  This is mine from that course.

The front cover

inside the front cover

a couple of the pages with photo mat inserts



I had great fun creating this and used some butterflies from my stash to simply decorate

Recipe

Black cardstock
1 x A4 paper pack Kanban Oxford
PaperArtsy Stamp Set
lots of red and white tape and glue
four different MS punches
TH distress Inks



23 comments:

  1. love these mini christmas albums welldone x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, what a lovely mini album x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. these mini christmas album is lovely!!!!:)fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. O wow they are gorgeous mini albums
    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jusdt love your memory book - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all gorgeous, you can really see how much work you have put in to both the christmas albums and the memory book, Stunning!
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous Lisa...

    have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two wonderful projects, really lovely! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fabulous... Chrissieann xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous mini albums Lisa, they look great. Hope you are well and congrats on nearly reaching a 100 followers I think I'm already a follower but I will check, take care, hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab projects - love the snowflake die on your memory book
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow super albums ... I did one for my dear Mums 80th birthday a while back and just felt lost when I had finished ... it was like when you finish a good book ... well done with yours ... just doing a bit of blog hopping happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some brilliant projects there Lisa - I love that "Happiness" page! I noticed you got top 3 here:
    http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com/
    Congratulations!! Love Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Lisa, you have been busy. Gorgeous projects. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Lisa beautiful books. Hugs, Marleen Docrafts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2 beautiful projects Lisa. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful books lisa. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa, 2 exquisite mini albums to be very proud of!! Also love the last of your A-Z Chrsitmas cards, Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Lisa, youve done some lovely projects here :-) Elaine-xxx- p.s I have new candy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lovely projects you've made, so creative, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are beautiful projects.... ty for sharing... i love the butterfly embellishment :) lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. your art is really beautiful. I wish I was more sreative too, but I'm bad at makinf=g something very detailed. Anyway, I want to cheer you on to keep making these amazing crafts :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x