Thursday, February 06, 2014

Who says they have to be red ..........

It's your Valentine, so it can be any colour you choose.  This is the perfect opportunity to let your creativity and individuality shine through, and with Stampin Up it's easy.

Our wonderful products combine in so many ways that coming up with new and different colour combinations is a breeze.

I wanted to share with you today a couple of ideas for Valentines.  Both cards feature our special limited edition stamp sets for Valentines, but they also feature the amazingly versatile Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.

Gorgeous Grunge, it conjures up all sorts of images in my head, and can be used to create the most amazing backgrounds for your crafting.  Whether it's the skid mark lines, the ink splats or the tracks this is an amazing set that you will come back to time and time again.

My first card, is a Case of one I saw on Pinterest  - by Scrappyhabits.  I have changed it up a bit, changed the shape of the envelope.  I made mine using the amazing Envelope Punch Board and have used the lovely colour combination of Pool Party and Calypso Coral.


The inside of my card is decorated with the stunning Eiffel Tower stamp from the Love You More stamp set (131850/131853)

These and the rest of the Whole Lot of Love collection are available to order until the 14th February.  So if you need a little love in your stamp collection head on over to my online shop and add these cuties to your collection.  (Please make sure my name is in the top right hand corner of the screen).
The lovely little card that goes inside the envelope was also Stamped using the Love You More set  I love this and just think its so cute.  And no red to be seen.

So onto my second card.  I had a great time creating this one and just love the finished item.

I have to confess I love red, so couldn't resist on this one.  My colour combination is the stunning Midnight Muse from the 2013/14 In colour range, and Real Red from our Brights palette.


 I used both plain card stock, and matching Designer Series Papers, along with my handstamped backgrounds.

The first card was quite simple and only used two stamp sets, I wanted to step it up a bit for this one and let my creativity run free.

I have used again the Gorgeous Grunge set to create a base for my background.   I stamped this in Midnight Muse.  After that I added the hearts from the Love You More set used above.





 The stunning frame on the front of the card is from the Papaya Collage set.  This is new to my collection and I have been dying to use it.

When ordering my last lot of stamping goodies I qualified for free items in the Sale-a-bration and the sentiment is from the FREE set called See Ya Later.  This sentiment is lovely.

I masked off and stamped one of the single hearts from the line in the middle and then added the shoes from the Just Married collection.
This was then matted and layered onto co-ordinating card stocks and mounted using dimensionals.

The inside was finished off with the sentiments and images from the Love You More stamp set ..... which again is only available until 14th February.













I hope that I have inspired you to make your own personal card this year and to let that special someone know how much you care.  Don't forget it doesn't have to be red to show you care.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x