Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Time is flying over at the Anything Goes Challenge Blog

Morning to all my fellow "Crunchies".  I hope that you have had a fantastic weekend and that you caught up on all my exciting new yesterday.

Don't forget to become a fellow Cutie and hop on over to my Challenge Blog and join in.  We always have great sponsors and fab prizes.

As many of your now I belong to another fantastic design team - who inspire all you guys on the Anything Goes Blog.  This fortnight our challenge is "Tick Tock goes the Clock"  anything time related or steam punk.

Well how can a girl resist a bit of Tim Holtz in her life, and he fits so well with this theme.  It was my baby brother's birthday last month so this is the card I came up with for him....



The gorgeous clock is of course a TH Sizzex die.  The papers are by Kanban and also Graphic 45 and the edges have been distressed with TH distress inks.  I used spellbinder Nestabilities to cut the gorgeous matting and layering shapes.  The fantastic gentleman topper is from Kanban.  (Isn't he just so handsome and dapper!!)
The "Brother" wording was cut on my Cricut.
If you look closely you will see that the whole of the card was stamped with one of the new papermania urban stamps using black ink before I matted and layered all those fab papers.

I decorated the inside using scraps of the same papers used on the front.  The verse is one from an old card.  I stamped the paper with the same papermania urban stamp in a toning colour and then printed the verse.

Dont forget the fantastic Craft Den sells lots of gorgeous timmy products and many more besides.  

I hope you like it.

Hugs



16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous male card,I love everything about this lisa and the way you have put it altogether.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Lisa! Love that image and the colour combo is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic mans card Lisa, Love the vintage feel and the colours, Gaynor Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image and colours you have used on your fabulous card .
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great image and a fab vintage card, love the colours they set the style off brilliantly! Hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Lisa, love the image and earthy colours. Sir Tim of Holtz would love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa

    STUNNING male card..... love your design and that image is fab.... and so perfectly fits the theme!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, Stunning as always! love the vintage/steampunky style
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card lisa.i love the vintage colours and steampunk design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning card, I love it. The Brother font you used fits perfectly.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hun just adore this its brilliant love the design,and those amazing images,hugs Cherylxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, what a fantastic card Lisa. I love the steam punk look - very on trend! xx Jill B

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for dropping by and having a look at my blog. Your comments are always appreciated. Hugs. Lisa x