Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Autumn is coming .............

Firstly I have a confession to make, it's been really hard to be indoors doing crafty bits, when the weather has been so brilliant.  Not like autumn at all really.  I have taken my colouring outside to the garden and used our trees as inspiration for this card.


The back layer is embossed Coredina'tions paper in a mustard colour.  I used a Cuttlebug flower embossing folder for this.  The rest of the papers are from Desert Blooms from First Edition.  The sentiment if from a Forever Friends embelishments pack.

Gorguss was coloured with my promarkers and the background was coloured using Dovecraft chalks in greens, greys and reds.  The spots on the mushrooms were coloured with a white gel pen.

I couldn't find a paper I wanted to use to match the floral paper, so I cut a small piece and then distressed it with dovecraft chalks, again using reds and browns.  To finish this card off I added a lovely handmade green bow.  This ribbon is fab and has crinkly edges.  

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges: